Pharmacy Technician - Long Term Care
The pharmacy technician is an integral part of the pharmacy team assisting the pharmacist in the process of filling and deliver prescription medications to the patient and will provide clerical, technical, and customer support to pharmacy customers. The pharmacy technician works directly under the supervision of the pharmacist performing all duties in the prescription filling process.Hours of the Position Essential Position Functions
- Assist the pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Enter new and refill prescription orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process prescription orders based on the priority assigned.
- Calculate and/or verify the correct dosage based on the prescription order.
- Consult with the pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, potential interactions, duplications, order entry problems or concerns.
- Input patient data and prescription insurance information into a computer system.
- Communicate with clients, customers and staff in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Accurately and efficiently package medications for dispensing and for delivery.
- Batch and print prescription labels, forms and packing slips.
- Take inventory, place orders, check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Pull daily reports from pharmacy computer system. Identify and troubleshoot exceptions and notify management when appropriate.
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Provide clinical pharmacy support in other areas of the organization at the pharmacy benefits manager and health plan.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program with a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) or ability to meet requirement within 12 months of hire.
- Candidates with long-term care pharmacy experience preferred.
- Excellent computer data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Good organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong math and analytic skills; ability to quickly identify problems and find effective solutions.
This position offers an outstanding benefit package, including three weeks of PTO the first year, a generous retirement plan, health and dental insurance, a wellness program, and much more! If you are interested in working for an organization focused on a team atmosphere and is dedicated to providing exceptional service submit your resume today!
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. PersonifilRX is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back To Careers