The Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC) is responsible for the overall operations of the pharmacy including distribution of drugs to patients, patient education and consultation, and staff oversight.Hours of the Position
Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Monday through Friday 9am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-noon
(hours subject to change based on business needs)Essential Position Functions
- Lead all aspects of Pharmacy and Clinical Operations including providing leadership and direction to build an effective team and continually develop staff to improve performance and maintain staff engagement.
- Control pharmacy cost and play a key role in supporting sales and marketing efforts in order to meet or exceed budget.
- Implement, maintain and report on core processes.
- Ensure pharmacy compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Build and nurture strong customer service relationships with clients, physicians and stake holders.
- Emphasize dispensing efficiency and accuracy with the workforce, and manages the dispensing process to exceed PersonifilRx goals.
- Manage staff and scheduling process to optimize operations and contain labor costs.
- Manage pharmacy personnel issues including interviewing, hiring, training and evaluation of pharmacy personnel.
- Responsible for financial activities of facility, i.e. approving invoices, payroll, and other expenses.
- Responsible for completing reports including monthly financial review and operations reports.
- Manage physical inventory levels to meet client requirements and PersonifilRx goals.
- Implements Personifil Rx policies, processes and initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate clinical reports as required.
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the PersonifilRx’s policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Perform assessments of the Pharmacy.
- Provide on-call services as necessary for business needs.
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy degree or higher. PharmD preferred.
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in Rhode Island and/or able to reciprocate to Rhode Island and all other applicable states.
- Board Certification (Board of Pharmacy Specialties in Geriatric Pharmacy) or willingness to obtain preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressive pharmacy leadership experience. Experience in a management/operations role with significant P&L responsibility preferred. LTC experience preferred.
- Must have business/financial knowledge.
- Strong analytic skills; ability to quickly identify problems and find effective solutions.
- Responds positively to changing situations in the work setting.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and maintains poise and efficiency under stress.
- Ability to travel for training, and occasionally thereafter.
This position offers an outstanding benefit package, including three weeks of PTO the first year, a generous retirement plan, health and dental insurance, a wellness program, and much more! If you are interested in working for an organization focused on a team atmosphere and is dedicated to providing exceptional service submit your resume today!
Send resume to: email@example.com. PersonifilRX is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back To Careers